EAL AUTHORISED PERSON
FOR LOW VOLTAGE ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS
This four-day course will enable you to gain the knowledge required to carry out the role of Authorised Person (Electrical) within your company.
The course will cover the general criteria contained within requirements of the IET Code of practice for Electrical Safety Management and related HSE publications such as Electricity at Work Regulations and Safe Working Practices.
The course will also cover requirements within HTM documents (Electrical Safety Guidance for Low Voltage Systems in the Health industry) and WIMES documents (Electrical Safety Guidance for Low Voltage Systems in the Water Industry).
Who should attend:
This course is aimed at competent persons looking to advance to an authorised person, who would have responsibility for authorising the maintenance and operation of installed Low Voltage systems and who may be nominated as an Authorised Person within their organisation.
Please contact the office for dates
Cost: £775.00 + VAT (inclusive of EAL exam & certification fees)
Course topics include:
• A refresher of subjects included in the Competent Person two-day course
• In-depth look at roles and responsibilities
• Protective and switching devices and their characteristics
• Impedance values and calculations with temperature correction
• Safe working procedures for live working
• Overview of inspection and testing requirements for initial verification and certification
• Practical assessments and Multiple choice exam
Note that the Authorised Person course is designed for competent persons looking to advance; if you are not qualified, the Competent Person Course should be taken beforehand.